Wednesday 27 January 2010

The Silence of Winter.....

 I feel I must appologise ,for being more than lax in updating, but who too? I allmost forget that I have decided to keep this blog secret and only for those that stumble upon it. Still I must promise myself not to just go silent whenever my life gets busy or takes a turn.
 I tend to be somewhat of a sociable hermit at times, taking to the wilderness and forests and hills as and when I can. I normally enjoy this time of year as the tourists leave the wilderness around my home and only myself and a few kindred spirits wander there.
 The land has been truly beautifull this winter and colder than normal, the hills and forests blanketed in virgin snow. The loch near to me was even frozen over, a gorgeous and magical sight to see and place to wander at dusk. I crossed the loch and managed to venture into a part of the forest I otherwise would have been unable to get to and immediately in my imagination I was transported back to being a wee girl wandering the forests with Chris.


 There has been sign of bountifull wildlife and I have been very fortunate to see birds of prey, foxes, deer, wild boar and when out collecting willow for baskets a huge dog otter.
 The course I am on has been going well and camp is very beautifull although I constantly feel I am skating on thin ice with the instructors and I must admit the amount I have to know and practise is a little overwhelming but I am incredibly determined!
 I spent some time in London in December Modelling for a couple of different photographers. I distinctly remember being glammed up with fantastic hair and makeup, the set was on location in a coutryard in an expensive bussiness area of london surrounded by skyscrapers, I thought "Wow I am actually a model, and I am modelling in London, this is not me! Get me back to the hills" but the images did add to my portfolio even if I did find the whole experience a bit well shallow.


 Give me the freedom of the wilds, creative expression, stories and music.
 My pulse beats to the rythm of the earth and I want to dance.....