Wednesday 24 February 2010

A Little Accident Involving A Finger

I must appologise for this post as I am writing it one handed. On Friday I was involved in an accident that ver neerly severed my left index finger completely off. I got cut through the Extensor tendon (thats the one on the top of the finger) and straight through the knuckle so that my finger was literally dangelling by the tendon on the underside.
 After a walk home holding my finger on I was taken ti A&E and that night it got sewn back on but I was warned that i must be extremely carefull not to move it, to keep it dry and clean in its cast and bandages.
 I actually was in very good humour despite the prospect of losing my finger, I had the surgeons and doctors laughing and was morbidly curious in the insides of my finger (even requesting the op be done under local anisthaetic)
 In the lonesome boring night I even composed a love song to my beloved finger one which is on a par with the "Cheese Weasel" poem which i must write out.
 I also had the ward smiling, there was a 23yr old woman there whom I was concerned for and cared for, she was in for a back injury and I was slightly worried but she is strong, very nice and a new friend as well as kindred spirit. I wish her all the luck in the world for her healing.
 There are two risks with my finger, one that i undo the stitching of the tendon and two is infection. The infection risk got much higher yesterday when an ex of mine through tea at my face and i stupidly put my arm up to protect it, resulting in sopping bandages and a wet, cold finger for a good few hours. Another trip to hospital and the doctors were not happy at the mystery man who had caused them to have to redo my dressing and who has risked my finger.
 But not to worry al will be well and tonight and tomorrow the artists in my life art class will have a challenge.

Now for some gorey pics (though they dont do the goreyness justice.

Here I am attempting to point to the camera as you can see I failed

The white bit is my knuckle

Alas my mum is not the best photographer.